Thanks to these services, moms, and dads can be aware of where the child is and what he is doing.
1. Google Family Link
- Compatibility:Android 7.0 or higher for a child, Android 5.0 and above or iOS 12 and above for a parent. Both children and parents need to open a Google account and use the Google Chrome browser. A web version of the service is available.
- Cost: free of charge.
The application from Google allows you to track how many hours the child spends on the smartphone, what applications he opens, what he downloads or is going to buy on Google Play.
Parents can remotely prohibit the download of suspicious content, limit the time of using the Internet, block the phone at night or at any other time. Regardless of the opinion of adults, Family Link arbitrarily cuts off users under the age of 13 from accessing YouTube services.
Through the application, you can set where your child is and whether he is skipping school. Unless, of course, he does not guess to turn off the smartphone or at least the Internet. By the way, it is the Family Link application that is famous for the fact that modern children easily bypass its prohibitions.
2. Kaspersky Safe Kids
- Compatibility:Android 4.4 and above, iOS 12 and above. On the Kaspersky website you can also download the service versions for Windows 7 and above and MacOS 10.13 and above.
- Cost: there is a free version and a premium option for 763 rubles per year with a weekly trial period. A paid subscription applies to one parent,but allows you to connect an unlimited number of children’s devices.
Practicing psychologists participated in the creation of Kaspersky Safe Kids. Therefore, the main feature is more than 100 professional recommendations that you get using the service.
The free version contains tools that show what your child is looking for on the Internet, what sites he visits, what programs he uses, and how much time he spends on the Web. If desired, all this can be adjusted, limited and disabled. However, due to the peculiarities of the iOS system, you will not be able to block the children’s iPhone or iPad.
The premium option allows you to monitor the battery charge, monitor activity in social networks, view the history of requests on YouTube, and make a schedule according to which the child will use the device.
For paid subscribers, geolocation is also available with the ability to outline a safe perimeter for walking. If the child tries to circumvent the prohibitions or runs away from the boundaries of the territory specified in the program, the system will instantly send you a notification.
3. Where are my children
- Compatibility:Android 5.0 and above, iOS 11 and above, WatchOS 3.0 and above.
- Cost: free options and three subscription options are available: 169 rubles per month for 1 device, 990 rubles per year for 3 devices or 1,490 rubles forever for 3 devices. In any case, you can connect an unlimited number of children’s devices. The price does not include the live-listening function.
With the help of the application, you will always know where your child is now and what services he uses. For a fee, you can even listen to what is happening around you. Please note that this option is not available for iPhone users.
The program is compatible with both smartphones and GPS clocks. In addition to the location, the devices will tell you what time the student came to school, when he returned home and how long the battery will last. So that you can reach the child, even if he left the phone in another room or turned off the sound, the developers came up with a loud signal function.
4. Parental Control Kroha
- Compatibility:Android 5.0 and above for children and parents, iOS 9 and above only for the parent version.
- Cost: three days of free use, 1 100 rubles per year for 5 devices.
The application works as a GPS tracker and a means of controlling screen time. Parents are provided with detailed app statistics. Based on it, you will be able to reasonably block access to games, social networks, websites, and YouTube channels. That is, to all the entertainment that prevents students from focusing on classes.
The software also allows you to monitor correspondence in WhatsApp and Viber, monitor the battery level, and view photos that your child has taken or received.
- Compatibility:Android 7.0 and above, iOS 12 and above.
- Cost: Minimum options and a three-day test period of the full version are available for free. Subscription with the connection of 10 devices per month – 590 rubles, per year – 3 650 rubles, forever – 5 850 rubles.
Kidslox is a cross-platform application that allows you to fully control the work on the iPhone from an Android device and vice versa. The program is designed to block “time killers” or at least limit their use. In the area of special attention are games (including Minecraft and Clash of Clans), YouTube channels, and social networks (under the gun of Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram). Naturally, access to sites with adult content is severely cut off.
In addition, Kidslox allows you to remotely turn off the camera if the child is too passionate about selfies or video chats.